Senior Director, Business Operations
The Senior Director, Business Operations is a leadership position at TGS Esports responsible for the commercial aspects of our business, including Partnership Sales & Activation, Marketing and Broadcast/Production.
TGS Esports builds gaming strategies for brands looking to connect with the massive gaming community. Part of this strategy is planning, executing, and broadcasting white-label gaming tournaments. We produce professional live streams on Twitch and YouTube with our Partners’ key brand messaging integrated throughout the show. Each broadcast features professional casters, commentators, analysts, and influencers.
The tournament operations happen on our proprietary tournament platform, PEPPER. With each tournament we run, our community expands allowing our Partners to build meaningful relationships with a critical mass of highly engaged gamers that are extremely difficult to reach.
As Senior Director, Business Operations, you will oversee day-to-day business operations with a focus on ensuring our Partners objectives are met and exceeded, and our community continues to grow steadily.
- Support with the development of a Partnerships Sales & Activation Plan and assist with overall organizational strategy.
- Lead the execution of the Partnerships Plan, from prospecting to program execution, through post-partnership reporting and assessment.
- Lead Business Development efforts and increase revenue by identifying and closing new Strategic Partner prospects (Canada, United States, and Global).
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ideate, lead approvals, create and present solution-oriented proposals, negotiate and conclude agreements.
- Support the entire Commercial group on day-to-day business to ensure the team is constantly improving and sourcing new areas for revenue growth.
- Lead relationships with key decision makers of our Partners and work closely with Partnership Marketing to ensure that we meet and exceed deliverables while providing a high level of service.
- Manage all aspects of the sales and service process to ensure full organizational visibility for the purposes of reporting all opportunities and demonstrating status of goals and objectives as identified in the strategic plan.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ten years of sales experience with a minimum of four years managing a team.
- Experience in the areas of sponsorship, media sales, marketing preferred.
- Experience in esports/gaming preferred.
- Excellent relationships with a network of senior contacts.
- Strong conceptual and strategic skills that address client objectives
- Demonstrated creativity in the development of innovative and effective sales campaigns.
- Experience leading sales negotiations with multiple stakeholders.
- Brings a strong customer satisfaction orientation to the business.
- Comfortable working in fast-paced start-up environment with ability to lead several projects across several functions at once.
- Strong track record of personal and team achievement with the ability to make things happen.
- Strong project management skills and sales proposal experience.
- Proficient computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Availability to work flexible hours including weekends as required.